Wednesday, February 23, 2011

I love the 1980s

An often writer for this blog has written a book, so here goes with a, hopefully, unbiased, review. I'm not normally one for nostalgia things, those shows on TV when they all look back at how great the 90s were and so on, so I wasn't sure how I'd take to this. Thankfully this doesn't do too much wallowing in the past. The first thing I realised after reading this was how bizarre a season 85/86 was. I completely forgot that there was a TV strike for a large part of it but do remember the Saint and Greavsie taking Frank McAvennie across a bridge in London and no one knowing who he was. There's a lot of personal memories in here and some are great, I really loved the ones from Jason Higgins and Paul Brennan in particular as the referenced the tranny a lot without you thinking about Rupaul. I also loved the insight from Albert Kidd, I'd never really heard his version of events before and was amazed at the post-match dressing room story. Overall this is a good book that will appeal to Tims of a certain generation and a great cause of the Thai Tims who I was only recently made aware of myself. If I have one criticism of the book it's that I would like to have seen some pictures from the time for maximum effect and maybe some more input from Celtic players of the time.

7/10

Jamie O

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.