Thursday, July 28, 2011

All off to Dublin in the green...except me.

It seems everyone I follow on Twitter is off to Dublin for the weekend. The last weekend trip I did for football was to The Emirates Tournament with my son James and I've got to say, I'd give my right ball(I've got two kids already) to be going to Dublin this weekend. There's something great about watching Celtic in Ireland, maybe it's the friendly pubs, the history, the romance of it all or the chance to wind up Irish folk who follow English teams (No, I don't get it either) but it something that every Celtic supporter should try to do at least once. I've been two see us in two European Cup ties in Ireland, numerous friendlies and the odd testimonial as well. I'll state clearly now, I was paraletic at all of them.

Loads of great, if hazed memories, from Big Mooney screaming "Whae's gonnie stoap us now" as we, finally, hit a second goal against St Patrick's Athletic, to being told to "keep it low" in Cassidys Bar after major rebel sing song and everyone sitting down on the floor and keeping the singing going. Leaving from Edinburgh for those games, it's was always a 45 minute Aer Lingus flight and you were there, one can of Guinness as a freebie, which I'm sure is now long gone. I've also been to two AICSC dinner dances at the City West which, if you ever get the chance to go to, pack an extra Liver just in case.

It wasn't always drink-fuelled, well it was, but I did go to Kilmainham Gaol and the Garden of Rememberance too, not to mention to see the statue of Big Jim Larkin on O'Connell Street, not far from the bullet holes in the G.P.O.

Everyone going, have the best craic ever, I'm away for a greet and a pint of the black stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.