Thursday, September 29, 2011

Reach for the sky

I like to listen to general Scottish Football podcasts. It gives you a sense of what utter drivel supporters of other clubs talk. Seriously though, there are a few out there, some are good, others sound like they are being read from a bad script. By far the best is The Terrace Podcast

http://theterraceradio.podbean.com/ website @terracepodcast Twitter

Don't get me wrong, I often find myself ready to throw the laptop oot the windae at some of it but there is a lot of quality insight to be found as well. I listened on Tuesday, half asleep it has to be said, but perked up when I heard the panel discuss why Celtic seem to have such low expectations now. This from a Hearts fan, Hibs fan and Rangers fan pretending to support Motherwell...kidding.

I immediately thought "Christ, even they can see it".

What has happened to us? It wasn't so long ago we were standing toe to toe with the best in the world and beating most of them at home too. Now as we approach the game v Udinese, most supporters I know expect us to get beat pretty easily.

That's how far we've fallen.

We need to aim higher, much higher and get back into mindset of "We are Celtic, we fear no one" instead of this Desmond/Lawwell mindset of "We, Dermot and I, are Celtic, and we do our best"

Tonight could signal an upturn in fortunes for Celtic, if players and fans want it badly enough, we can help it happen, we need to remind Europe that we're still here and if we don't take the gift of Europa League participation now, we may regret it for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.