Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Not another new book



Aye, but not for ages yet. You may have noticed me mention my latest project on Twitter and so on. It's actually something I started work on a month ago. It will be out for Christmas and may coincide with a return to the USA for me then again, you never know what is round the corner. This book will see a lot of changes from my normal stuff. Firstly the "hurried fanzine" style approach, succinctly put by @pmacgiollabhain and 100% correct description, will be replaced by a more professional approach with an Editor and Proof Reader on board. That said I'm still no sure folk need page numbers...haha

This project is the bravest I've undertaken although for me it's no big deal, others may raise eyebrows. Right now I am in the process of setting up and interviewing the people at the epicentre of the story and that has been an interesting experience, with roles reversed and all that. A few folk have asked me "is it about Rangers?" and the answer is a resounding NO. There is only one man for that book, and he's doing the book, has been named in this blog already and if you don't know who I mean, why are you reading this...

So in the next few days you may well get a wee email or DM from me asking you to be part of the book. If you're reading this, there's a fair chance you will.

I should say that although it will be more professional, the writing style will remain the same, no sanitised bullshit, just how it is. It's how I write, how I like writing and I'd rather not write at all than have to flower it all up.

Finally, there will be something around August-September, regarding the Phil O'Donnell Trust, an event in Glasgow, with a few big names and some re-heated cabbage for you all...

I should also say that after this book at Christmas, I won't be doing this type of book again for a year minimum, there will though be a novel in between that will be previewed in the new book (So I know whether folk think it looks pish or no)

Until then, stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.