Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Keep an eye on the storm

A year ago today I sat in my house in New York as scared as I've ever been in my life. Hurricane Irene was going to hit us that day and we were told to expect the worst. People, literally, battoned down the hatches and the sense of impending doom was enormous. Celtic played at St Mirren that day and I watched on the laptop as you couldn't leave the house, never mind there being any notion of anything open.

As it hit lower Manhattan, we all looked at each other like "this is it" and then a miracle happened. It was veered away from us about 15 minutes before it was meant to hit us head on. We still got hit, and it was horrible, but nowhere near as bad as it could have been.

It's with this in mind I think of my friends in New Orleans today, particularly @bayoubhoy, who have, yesterday, evacuated their homes, with horrible irony, at the same time they had to when Hurricane Katrina hit 2005.

Except in 2005, @bayoubhoy couldn't evacuate. his wife was about to give birth, they had to stay and it was worth it, they survived, and baby Zoe was born.

These people don't deserve this again but the knowledge that The Celtic Family is with them once again, will help them immensely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.