Monday, December 24, 2012

Let them know it's Christmas time



A horrible thing happened in Edinburgh this morning. A man jumped to his death off the North Bridge, a well known "Suicide spot".

Whatever went through his mind, it's probably safe to say he felt he had no one to turn to.

I know this blog won't be universally popularwith  people and will be met with derision by a lot but if it helps one person, I'll be happy.

It can be hard to be alone at any time but, at this time of year, it really hits home. You see lots of people out enjoying themselves, having that lovely family Christmas or wishing you "All the best" "Have a great Christmas" and so on.

You see it and experience it and it crushes your soul.

When you think of all your friends and relatives right now, are you 100% sure they have someone on Christmas Day?

Are you?

I've had my fair share of terrible Christmases, if I think about them since 2008, that day I sat alone in a flat in Leith with a Chinese for company, 2009 was a family one and was good, 2010 a house that didn't feel welcoming, 2011 an airport hotel room in Queens, 2012 with eldest son in morning then on my own for rest of the day. So that is one good one in five.

If you're out on the piss or with friends and/or family, I hope you're having a great time, I really do. I like to hear of people doing well and having fun, don't mind a bit of it myself now and again.

If you're alone on Christmas though and despair washes over you, remember, you are not alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.