Saturday, March 16, 2013

Escape from The Green Brigade!


I feel like the title of this blog should be on one of those 50's style film posters.

I can honestly say in my 38 years on the planet I have never seen anything like what I saw today just off the Gallowgate.

Walking to the game today, The Green Brigade were met with a presence of police that suggested Barack Obama was heading for Celtic Park. I counted 15 police vans, another 15 or so Arnold Clark hire vans (to bus police in from other areas) at least eight mounted police and numerous police dogs.There was also around 300 uniformed officers, most with their numbers covered up and all putting out a menacing vibe.

There was no riot.

No one had broken the law.

So, what exactly were the police doing?

What the hell is going on in Scotland?

This perception that The Green Brigade are the biggest threat to society since Polio would be hilarious if it wasn't so serious.

Remember, at the risk of repeating myself, these are Celtic supporters who want to go to Celtic games to support Celtic.

That's a crime now?

In today's Scotland, it would seem so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.