Thursday, June 27, 2013

A new book and other stuff on the menu

As someone known for writing a book or two, I like the fact that, in terms of writing it, no two are ever the same. What happens a lot to me now is I get approached by folk with ideas for books or they have stories to tell that they think will make a book. Has to be said, most of them are wrong but occasionally you get folk (twice in my life, possbly three) who tell you a story that makes you wonder how the hell no one else knows about it?

We live in an information age. It's very hard for folk to get excited about information as they are saturated with it every day. I'm still a kid with that kind of stuff, when I hear something new I like, I devour it.

Writers are leeches and we suck the life out of anything interesting so we can ingest it then spit it back out as our own. I've not always done that, I've poured a lot of my own life into five of the books I've done. More of them later.

So, a new book. I've been working on something for about a year now and will be working on it right up until October. It's a leap for me. Someone came to me with the story and after a lot of ping-pong, I decided to go for it. It's not a novel, everything you will read in it is true and backed up with all sorts of ways of showing why it's true. I don't want to say too much about it just no but , just for fun, three videos will be released, short ones, on July 1st, August 1st and September 1st with some clues in.

Suffice to say, whatever you think we are up against, double it, treble it, x it by 1000 and you're still nowhere near.

Regarding Albert, Dougie and Wim, Poles 'N' Goals and Hesselink and By Any Means Necessary, these are being re-mastered(tidied up in PGH case) in the book and having new covers put on too. As they are a bit of a series, the covers will reflect this(idea stolen from the great Iain Banks)

The first, Albert, Dougie and Wim, has been done

http://www.lulu.com/shop/paul-larkin/albert-dougie-and-wim/paperback/product-21073708.html

The other two will follow soon.

No changes to The Last Pearl Diver as it's a novel and will be part of it's own trilogy, the second of which will be out next summer and launched in Edinburgh next May, it's called Wider than Trap Six.

The one I am working on now is out on November 6th with a launch in Glasgow on November 2nd. The actual launch of this book will be different in the sense that we putting more into it than ever before. Three things you will be guaranteed:

1) A signed copy on the night when you show up
2) A top of the range buffet
3) A band that will take the roof off

Full details will be released at the end of July.

Attached to this book will be a book tour. Tentative discussions are taking place just now with dates in Larne, Dublin, Washington DC and New York almost rubber stamped.

If you have somewhere in mind that the tour should go to, please get in touch.

Until then, see you soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.