Thursday, July 25, 2013

Day 2-Eternal Sunshine

Having very little budget for food and electricity is one thing. Having no budget whatsoever for any kind of leisure activity is another. If you've got money, you take it for granted, if you don't have it, it's pretty much all you think about until you do.

Now I am lucky, I have my favourite leisure activity coming up on Saturday but given my budget for this week I am only able to do it because it's a freebie and I am getting a lift there and back.

Most folk who have to live on £71.70 a week wouldn't be that lucky.

Today I got up and felt a bit tired. I had done the penultimate #10inarow into the wee sma hoors and felt good after it. Made me feel good this morning as well so I didn't dwell on the tiredness.

I went to the shop and bought Weetabix (12 for £1) and milk for 59p (one pint) and had two Weetabix for my breakfast.

I'm not a huge TV watcher (handy because I don't have a huge TV) so wondered what I would do today. A friend suggested lunch but I couldn't afford lunch out so decided on a walk instead. 

I got caught in a massive downpour which curtailed any enjoyment that a walk may have brought. I ended up stopping at a Sainsburys, feeling sorry for myself, and bought a water (80p) and Tomato and Basil soup for £1.89 for my lunch.

They had free newspapers to read and also The Sun so I shook my head in the utter drivel contained.

Walking back home, I spent most of the day reading. I'm currently reading Peter Hook's Unknown Pleasures which I picked up from the library. I had a banana and some Ryvita for my tea and had an incredible craving for a fish supper which is probably still there right now.

I'm going to bed early tonight as I am pretty tired from last night and thinking a lot about how I can fill my time is pretty weary.

I'm trying spend a week with a budget of £71.70. The money I save from my normal weekly budget will be used to get three people, who normally can't afford it, to Celtic Park on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.