Friday, July 26, 2013

Day 3-This land is your land


The house behind that huge gate, pillars and massive tress belongs to the Duke of Buccleuch. As well as being rhyming slang for the job centre, the Duke is one wealthy dude. So much so it is said that you can walk from this house in north Edinburgh to south Ayrshire and never once have to leave his land.

More and more you get told what you cannot do these days. We also live in a "Why?" generation. I'm going to write a book "Why?" We are going to protest against the ridiculous prices of food at Celtic Park "Why?" I think we should walk a mile in others shoes before judging them "Why?"

Speaking of walking miles, I walked eight of them today. I had to go into Leith and back so decided to save the £3 bus fare and walk. With the £3 saved I treated myself to a large pasta from Morrisons (you know the ones that you make up yourself?) for £2.70. I felt really hungry after a meagre meal last night.

I sat around most of the rest of the day, aching from the walk and treated myself to a bit TV before finishing my Peter Hook book.

I then had one more crack at liking Iain Banks books but no, I just find them boring (Sorry Iain, still love ya)

At least he wrote continuously though and that I applaud, he probably said "I'm going to write a book" and the person he told said "Why not?"

Maybe I'll walk to south Ayrshire.

I'll need to, read this:
http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/food-banks-are-only-scratching-the-surface-131514n.21653839


I'm trying spend a week with a budget of £71.70. The money I save from my normal weekly budget will be used to get three people, who normally can't afford it, to Celtic Park on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.