Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Christmas cheer from The Asterisk Years

I hope everyone reading this has a fantastic time over this holiday period. I know it's a painful time for some (I'm one of them) who think loved ones lost, hard times and the pressure applied from everywhere.

I hope you can find peace.

It's been a roller coaster year for me as usual but the highs far outweighed the lows. The worst part of the year for me was saying goodbye to my son Jake in August after seeing him for a couple of days. We stood in Connolly Station in Dublin in floods of tears and it took me at least a month to recover from that. Being apart from your kids is an awful thing and none more so than at this time of year, if you're in that position, I'm there with you.

Of course the other big part of my year was the start of The Asterisk Years Project.  This put me on a new level of notoriety and you sometimes think you should have "Everlast" running down your body but the goal makes it worth it and the support is spellbinding. So if you bought a book, downloaded the audio book, tweeted me, Dm'd me, got in touch on Facebook, came up to me at a game or in a pub please believe me when I say that you mean the world to me and none of this would be possible without you.

There are clearly divisions within the Celtic support right now, something that has to be resolved soon. More unites us than divides us and forget the knockers and begrudgers, they'll soon be onto something else whereas we Celtic supporters ain't going anywhere.

The Asterisk Years project is in phase 2 right now with the release of the audio book. I'm very proud of that and how well the paperback has done.

Thank you.

Phase 3 is the biggest and most ambitious project I've ever embarked upon but I'm ready for it.

Thanks to you.

Merry Christmas all, I wish you health, wealth and happiness now and forever more.

Paul

Www.theasteriskyears.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.