Sunday, May 17, 2015

With thanks


What a night. I've had many great nights in my life and moments to savour that will live long in the memory but nothing that has came close to Friday night at Celtic Park.

Just magical.

I'm not going to spend all day waxing lyrical about Friday but I do need to pay tribute to a few folk. Firstly, to Steven Falls who was the perfect "go to" guy at Celtic and ensured there were no stresses and that any issue was solved in the blink of an eye. A credit to Celtic. Similarly the stewards and staff at Celtic Park were absolutely fantastic.

Then there was John O'Farrell of Celtic Canvas Art who decorated The Kerrydale Suite in an Asterisk Years theme that just took my breath away when I saw it. You can find John in the Forge at Parkhead every day and buy his brilliant work.

To Claire Fowler and her guitarist Chris who lit up the night with a fantastic set. If you ever need a singer, music, whatever, look no further.

To Lisa and Mary who organised all aspects of the raffle. A tough task made harder by, incredibly, some hostility and ignorance of the causes, which made the job they did all the more outstanding. Thank you ladies, no one else could have done it so well.

To everyone who came on Friday, thank you. You came to party, you came to celebrate and you did the best huddle I've ever seen outside a game. You are the inspiration upon which we build everything. A lot of you travelled long distances, made weekends out of it and put your heart and soul into it.

That means everything to me.

A monumental thanks to Richard Swan. I know he hates compliments but I can honestly say the introduction he provided, pre film, on Friday and the walk I did from my seat to the stage was the best moment of my life. It wasn't a "yeeesssss" moment, it wasn't an orgasmic moment, it was just sheer magical and beautiful bliss. From the Richard Swan tap. I'll never, ever forger that Richard and you made my family very happy,  thank you.

Finally, thank you to everyone who has supported me throughout this project. You've blown away the nay sayers and the doubters, the knockers and begrudgers and for that, I'll never be able to thank you all enough.

See you in Vegas.

PS
Jah, get back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.